The World's Premier College Hackathon
PennApps X (Fall 2014) can be found at pennappsx.challengepost.com
Welcome to PennApps, the world's top college hackathon! We hope you're as excited as we are for an awesome weekend! After the Friday night kickoff, all teams are allowed to begin working on their apps. Once your app is complete, we ask that you produce a video demo of your app and post it on Youtube or Vimeo. You can then submit your app and accompanying video using the above Submissions tab (which will appear after you hit the Register button). All submissions must be in by 9 a.m. Sunday morning.
- Teams can have a maximum of 4 members (all members must be physically present at PennApps)
- Platforms (iOS, Android, Web / Mobile Web, Mac, Windows, hardware hacks)
- Must include both submission and video demo
- Must select which sponsorship prizes you are going for
Founding Partner - 500 Startups
Founder & CEO - Monetate
Lead Reporter - Technically Philly
Adjunct Associate Professor - UPenn
Founder - TigerLabs
CEO - Artisan Mobile
Founder - TigerLabs
CTO - NextDocs
CTO - RealFoodWorks
Founder - Benjamins Desk
Engineering Entrepreneurship Professor - UPenn
Founder - Perpetual Networks
Associate Professor - UPenn
CTO - Curalate
CTO - eLocal USA
Engineer - Pure Storage
CEO and Co-Founder of Spreecast
Developer Evangelist for Microsoft
Is the hack more than just another generic social/mobile/local app? Does it do something entirely novel, or at least take a fresh approach to an old problem?
Is the hack technically interesting or difficult? Is it just some lipstick on an API, or were there real technical challenges to surmount?
Is the hack usable in its current state? Is the user experience smooth? Does everything appear to work? Is it well designed?
Is the hack practical? Is it something people would actually use? Does it fulfill a real need people have?
How to enter
- Make your app (any platform is accepted)
- Produce your video demo and post it on Youtube or Vimeo
- Submit your app and video
- Attend the product fair
- Wait for judgement announcements and final demos